Last Saturday, we decided to try and move our chickens to this cage and get them out of their box. Well, this worked all for about 10 minutes. These dumb chickens figured out if they flew up a little ways, they could hold on to the side and slide right through the cracks. So I spent a good part of the afternoon chasing chickens throughout my laundry room. Did I mention these birds make a really big mess!?!
Yes! When I went to feed them, they literally about attack me to get their feed! Before I knew it, not only one chicken was out, there were 5 out at one time! Anyways, as you can see in the picture, they are eating their food off of the rug. Like I said, when I gave them their food, they all jump onto the plate like a bunch of piranas and start scratching and the food flies everywhere!! Trying to catch the chickens and putting them back in the cage was a JOKE! I would get one in and another one would get out. If I would have had one of my girls recording me, I could have put it on Funniest Home Videos and won! It was a CIRCUS!!Ruben and I cut out some cardboard and put around the bottom of the cage. Well, that worked for a day. I was getting ready to take Whitney to summer school this morning and I walked into the laundry room and 'Lo and Behold' a SWEET little yellow chicken figured out how to get out again. Soooo......guess where the chickens are? Yep! Back in the box, where they can fly up, but can't get out! Ha! Ha! I can't wait till these dumb birds go out to the shop this weekend to their new home. This weekend will be one month that I will have had these 'cute' little chickens in my laundry room. Although, it will be great when they start laying fresh chicken eggs this fall!

Sorry, I have to laugh at the picture you painted my my mind's eye!! It really does not sound like too much fun!
ReplyDelete