Yesterday evening we had a very scary 20 minutes! I had just gotten off the phone with my grandma. Abby wanted to go over there and see her sisters who had been there helping all day. So Ruben and I drove over to my grandma's, pulled up and let her out. Well, we usually make sure, before we leave, that someone is there. But I had just barely got off the phone and they knew we were coming over to bring the bacon they needed for BLT's. So Abby got out and we drove away. Ruben and I drove out to the shop to check on the chickens and we were on our way back into town and my cell phone rings. Well, it was Whitney and she was calling from my mom's house! I asked her if Abby was with them and she said no. OMG!! I freaked out! We just dropped off our 4 year old all by herself at my grandma's! We drove quickly back to her house and NO ABBY ANYWHERE!! Ok, so we check in the backyard, next door neighbors, across the street neighbors. NOTHING! I went back in the house and checkded my grandma's caller ID to see if someone had called to say she was at their house and no one had. By now 10 min. had gone by! So I decided to call the police to help look. Well, not only the police were looking, but the fire department, my mom, Mary Alice, and several others were looking also. They were about 5 minutes away from calling search and rescue and we found Abby! She was 3 houses down from my grandma's on the same side of the street at Jean Wardell's house. She had walked straight to Jean's when she had seen that no one was at my grandma's and told her that no one was home. So Abby just stayed there and was watching Sponge Bob and was perfectly safe! It was a very terrifying 20 min.! That was the WORST FEELING EVER to think that you may have lost your child and that you may never see them again. I wanted to throw up! Sharon Cornwall decided to walk down towards Judy Ferron's and stopped by Jean's to see if possibly she had seen Abby and there she was! Thank you Sharon and thank you to our quick responding officers for helping locate my precious baby! I love you Abby!!
Ian's 6th Birthday
9 years ago

Oh so scary. There is nothing worse than that feeling. Thank goodness she was okay!!
ReplyDeleteYIKES! That's the worst feeling in the world! Glad that she was ok!
ReplyDeleteNot FUN!! That sounds like something Katie would have done at that same age!! You'll look back on this some day and wonder how you ever made it as a parent and how your kids ever survived!! It will definitely make a good "remember when" story!! :-)
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I was wondering who lost their little girl. Glad you were able to locate her quickly.
ReplyDeleteVery Scary....I lost Natalie once, and the whole time she was up in her room playing. It is a feeling I hope I never have again. I'm so glad you found her, and thank goodness for dear neighbors who watch out for each other. I miss my small town;)
ReplyDeleteBrooklyn ran away a bunch of times...scary!!! Glad you found her and all was good!!!
ReplyDeletescary glad you found her!!
ReplyDeleteYuck... that made me sick reading it... I had to scroll to the bottom to find out what happened before finishing the whole thing. :) SOO GLAD she's okay. Sorry we never caught back up with you guys last week. :( When are you coming to Vegas?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I have only lost my kids for split seconds, but the feeling is awful. I can't imagine how you must have felt. We are so glad you found your sweet Abby and all is well.
ReplyDelete