THE LUNA FAMILY


Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time Out For Women.....

Eating at Applebee's
Friday Night

Hilary Weeks


Jenny Oaks Baker

Kristen Oaks
Deanne Flynn

Chris Stewart

Kim Nelson

Kris Belcher



...was AWESOME!!!! I can't say enough about it. It was the most spiritually, uplifting weekend ever! I had such a great time with friends and family. Candida, Adrienne and I left on Friday at about 1:30. We got up to Billings and did a few things and then went to the motel and checked in. We freshened up and met Jessica, Jenny, and Rhonda at Applebee's. We all had a great dinner. At about 5:45, we headed over to the Metra. My mom and Mary Alice were there and saved us seats in the front row. Friday night was out of this world! We got to listen to two very talented musical artists. Hilary Weeks sang and played the piano beautifully. Jenny Oaks Baker played her violin, and oh my goodness was she spectacular! We also got to listen to Kristen Oaks, who is Dallen H. Oaks' wife. She was so fun to listen to. She had some great advice to give to all women who are in different areas of their lives. It ended in music by Jenny Oaks Baker. We all headed back to our motel and visited until almost 2:30 am! We were so tired when 7:00 came rollin' around. We had to be at the Metra before 9 am. We had a fun filled spiritual day with Deanne Flynn, Chris Stewart, Kim Nelson, Kris Belcher, and Hilary Weeks. It was a great weekend and I am very thankful that I was able to attend. I am also thankful to my husband and my grandma for keeping the girls so I could enjoy it. I was also thankful to be able to be there with my mom.

Some quotes that I liked from the different speakers:
Hilary Weeks: "The Savior can see through our flaws, and sees the real us and gets to know the special characteristics that we have."
Deanne Flynn: 1) Parenting is often hard work
2) Expect that it's going to be hard and it will be easier.
3) The only people who have all the answers to parenting aren't parents.
"Motherhood never ends, but motherhood often changes."
"We don't have to do it all to be great mother's."
"Don't wait for someday because someday may never come."
-Men are that they may have joy, and women that they may have guilt.
Chris Stewart: "Life is not perfect, but it still works out."
"Heavenly Father doesn't give stones and serpents, only loaves and fishes."
Kim Nelson: "Heavenly Father never asks us to do something he doesn't inform us about."
"We don't have to earn his love, he just loves us."
Kris Belcher: "Even though there's not a cure, there's healing."
"The Savior wouldn't give you anything you couldn't handle without Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment