THE LUNA FAMILY


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sick Sick Sick

Well, this last couple of weeks have been interesting. Almost everyone in my family has been sick with something. Ruben started with a cold a couple of weeks ago and continued on with cough, sore throat, etc. He is still coughing! Whitney started to complain with a sore throat last Tuesday night after her basketball game. She went to school the next day and felt ok during the day. But in the evening around 6:00, she wasn't doing so well. She had a fever with a temp of 102.5. Whit's throat hurt so bad she could hardly swallow. She missed school on Thursday. Then on Friday, my mom and I and Abby and McKenna went to Powell to get groceries for Easter dinner. The whole time Abby was complaining of her tummy hurting. When we were on our way home, almost to Garland, she threw up. A lot of it! Pour thing! This continued through Sunday night until she fell asleep. Everything she would try to eat or drink came right back up. Monday morning she woke up and came running into my room and said, "Mommy, my tummy doesn't hurt anymore!" She was so excited to finally feel better! Abby and her sisters played all day long outside. Later that evening, daddy took them to the park while I stayed home and got some things done. This morning Abby woke up at 3:30 am and came into our bed and fell back asleep. At 4:30 am, she woke up and wanted to go and watch TV. Ok, whatever, I thought. Then at 5:30, just before Ruben woke up to go to work, I could hear her throwing up in the family room. She had her bowl that she has been carrying around since Friday and was throwing up in that. Bless her heart! Soooo, she stayed home from school today with a low grade fever and a really sore throat and a sore tummy! I pray that McKenna and I don't get the little bugs that have been going around our house. I am ready for us all to be healthy!
*This morning Abby had told me her throat hurt. So I said, "Can I look in your throat?" Abby opened wide and I said, "Yep, it's a little red." Then Abby asks, "Mommy, can I see your throat?" So I opened wide and said ahhhhhh. She said, "Yep, your goggles are red." I guess she meant to say tonsils!! LOL! Funny little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment